Different types of nutrients are found in the human body, which has its own different role for the growth of the body. These nutrients do our physical and mental development. One of these nutrients is nutrient fiber. Fiber is a type of undigested carbohydrate that is found in many types of foods. Grains, fruits, vegetables & pulses are some of the high fiber foods. Due to the benefits, there are enormous reasons to eat more fiber. The fiber is divided into two parts on the basis of solubility.
- Soluble Fiber – Soluble fiber dissolves in water. Soluble fiber is metabolized by some bacteria found in the intestine. So that it turns into a prison.
- Insoluble Fiber -This type of fiber does not dissolve in water. These fibers do not go into the stomach and divide them in any type of pieces, nor does it dissolve in the blood. Insoluble fiber adds bulk to your stool which makes food pass more quickly through the stomach and intestines.
Importance of Dietary fiber
- It is beneficial in protecting against diabetes and heart disease.
- It prevents the problem of constipation by strengthening the digestive power.
- Fiber collects food in the intestines which reduces appetite.
- Controls the amount of cholesterol- Soluble fibers are low density. They help in reducing the level of cholesterol in the blood by lowering cholesterol levels.
- In gaining a healthy weight. High-fiber foods are more powerful than low-fiber foods, they keep you satisfied for a long time by eating small amounts, which causes you to lose weight.
- Increases lifespan- Increasing the intake of dietary fiber. Especially grain fiber reduces the risk of heart disease and all cancers. Which increases your life
Sources of Fiber
There are many nutritional sources to increase the amount of fiber in the body. Which can increase the amount of fiber. Get more fiber in your diet by adding the following foods on a daily basis.
- Fiber containing nuts and seeds-Linseed, almond
- Fiber containing fruits-pomegranate.
- Fiber being Cereals-Wheat flour, Millet
- Fiber containing vegetables-carrot, sugar beets
Fiber quantity as per requirement
Different amounts of fiber are required for each person. If talking about youth, then on average 15 grams of fiber is required, the same for women at 25 grams and for men at 38 grams per day. For men over 50 years, 30gm should be taken and for women, 21gm should be taken.
Side effects of fiber
Eating dietary fiber in high amounts also has many side effects. These side effects are as follows-
- Bloating in body
- thinning of stool
- Stomach Constipation
- intestinal blockage